Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Trunk show" at Missouri Bluffs Gallery

winged heart design exclusively available through Missouri Bluffs

Rhett and I are going to unveil new designs during a "trunk show" at Missouri Bluffs Gallery in Weston, Missouri on the 10th of May. I will be there from 11am to 7pm. Rhett will join me at 4pm. Please come visit with us and take a peek at our artwork. I am excited about the new designs and am eager to get feedback.

Anne Bollin, the owner of Missouri Bluffs has carried my artwork for over a decade now and as a small token of appreciation I created the above design exclusively for her. The leather winged heart is hand sewn and beaded and is encased in metal. The background is painted leather with embroidered french knots to create texture. This image is their current postcard and the circular piece is the image that will be available for purchase in the shape of charms, pendants, ornaments and bag tags.

Rhett spent many months developing the dies and other machinery to create these metal cases and lenses that encase original artwork as well as color prints of our artwork. These peep tags and charms , as we call, make up a part of this trunk show.

The giant photo at the top of this post was supposed to go here but......( I am new at this stuff ). This is a new variation of the winged heart theme with the addition of the blue cross. You may have seen these as brooches but now you can wear them as necklaces too! I strung the hand sewn and beaded leather stuffed winged hearts on a nickel plated stainless steel bead bar chain. Funky new way to wear your badge of peregrination. These will be available for purchase at Missouri Bluffs in a few weeks.

Okay, I should climb the stairs back up to my studio to continue sewing more hearts now.

This afternoon, Rhett, Gus, the dog, and I are headed to the timber on the back of our farm to search for morel mushrooms, ramps, and nettles. Am taking my camera in hopes of a shot of morel and at least some wild flowers.

adios for now.



No comments: