Tuesday, November 6, 2007

500 Handmade Dolls

As a contributing artist chosen to be a part of this book I have been anticipating the arrival of my copy for months. Yesterday it arrived. Blue ribbon to Akira Blount who had the task of selecting the artwork. What a thought provoking congregation of imaginative interpretations of the human form. This volume, I predict, will be a dog-eared favorite of anyone in the least bit intrigued by this art form. It is a visual feast from which no one will leave hungry. I am honored that my holy dolls are a part of this collection.

Image taken from Amazon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am awaiting my copy.I am an artist.I have had a large life change and I am trying to find my feet.I have bought some books from amazon which have been most helpful.I design my dolls in knitting also peg dolls.I used to live in london but now live in west cornwall. Ilove your dolls and when I can get my son off the computer ...!!

Anonymous said...

I am a brand new fan of your work, and I must say, YOU! I read your words and looked at your art with tears in my eyes. Thank you for sharing yourself with the world.

whistlepig said...

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for writing and for liking my work !. I look forward to sharing more images and words very soon. Just completed Archangel Raphael . Also have the Black-tailed Prairie Dog and Black-footed Ferret to share with everyone. Keep tuned in .

thanks, Kelly