Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hail Mary

Hail Mary full of grace ornament is one of the designs that I will be introducing to the public for the first time at our show at Missouri Bluffs Gallery in Weston, Missouri this Saturday, the 10th of May from 11am to 7pm. I have seven new designs honoring Our Lady that will be available this Saturday at the show and through Missouri Bluffs on an ongoing basis.

These images and "cases" are fabricated in my and Rhett's studio. Rhett creates the steel or aluminum cases and lens all from flat stock. He developed his own dies in order to do this. I photographed a statue of Our Lady from my collection of statues and placed this photo on a piece of old wallpaper and snipped out a nimbus of other paper. The words were typed on old paper using my 1939 Royal typewriter. The stars are mother-of-pearl beads stitched down and the ring of pale blue glass beads are sewn round the edge. This original piece of artwork is then photo copied and pressed into a hand formed case with lens.

No comments: